Friday, August 31, 2012

Being In Your Power

yoga, Shalan Hill, Woodstock, GA, massage, Yoga Journal, Manduka, Ashtanga, breathwork, personal power, bandhas, breath
Shalan Hill of The Posture Project
So I'm constantly growing.  And, I'm always learning about myself.  And I've found an important piece of my puzzle for more satisfying moments to add to this grand life I'm living.  When I'm "in my power", my world and life are awesome!  I'm in the vortex (abraham-hicks reference)! I feel confident and appreciate all the good in my life.  I am in sync with the perspective of my Spirit or Source.

Sometimes I forget how amazing my life is.  Sometimes I allow thoughts and feelings of not being enough, of fear, of anger, of blame, and viewing others as not enough for my expectations, etc.  I can let myself get sucked into the drama of whatever I'm creating in that moment.  But, then at other times when I am feeling those things, I can remember that "I'm just not in my power."  When I'm not in my power, my perspective is skewed from my natural state of being or my Spirit's perspective.  I've allowed my focus to shift to more of what I don't want in my life.

When you feel like your life sucks, it just means you're not in your power.  You are not letting your spirit shine.  You are not allowing the truth of who you are to come to the surface, it is being covered by patterns of thought that aren't serving you.  In the realization that "I'm just not in my power", the majority of the time I can then change my perspective to get "in my power."  Sometimes it's as easy as a simple conversation with myself.  But, other times, I need some action to help me make the switch in my brain & body.

There are several things that I can do that almost always help me make this shift:

1.  Ashtanga Yoga - I can do 10 sun salutations (5 Namaskar A & 5 Namaskar B) to get my heart rate up and breath & body moving well together along with a focused mind and my brain shifts to "I'm strong and I've got a great life!"

2.  Walking / Running - I take at least a 2 mile walk every other day and I'm always conscious of my lower bandhas as I walk.  These walks are my meditations.  My brain shifts as I move, breathe and hold my core strength.  When I really need an extra boost, I add running to my walks.  I'll jog for 2-4 minutes, walk about 1-2 minutes, jog for 2-4 minutes, walk about 1-2 minutes.  It only takes about 15-20 minutes and my brain has shifted with my body to believe in my power and the great life I am living.

3.  Breath Empowerment - I learned this breath from a Chi Gong Workshop with Jeff Primack and I put my own spin on it for 15-20 minutes.  This breath work really moves the energy strongly through the body and into your power!

4.  Take a nap! - Sometimes, you just have to let go and return to Source during your sleep to reset your senses.  You gotta start letting go of the problems as you lay down and know that your Spirit knows what to do to help you get back to your center and "into your power."

I noticed that 3 out of 4 of these actions are really about getting a strong breath moving through you.  The breath is what moves energy to evoke change along with your focus.  The strong breath clears your mind or gets it focused on nothing or something other than your problems.

Easy, simple things that make a big difference to me!  They might work for you too, or inspire you to find what does work for you!  You're never hopeless!  You can do it!  You can let "it" go (your problems)!  You can let "it" in (your power and what you want)!

I also wanted to mention, that sometimes I just can't shift it in that moment.  And those are the times I get to really practice self acceptance and being OK with where I am. 

"There's nothing more important than feeling good."  Abraham-Hicks.

Be Well -
Shalan Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment